Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Red Dots On Pistols




I'm pretty new to red dots on handguns. I've had a red dot on an AR for years, but had never used a red dot on a pistol until trying out the Glock MOS this year.
My M&P9c is shown at the top. I've been using this pistol for a couple of years, and have nothing bad to say about it. The RMR is new to this gun.
My S&W Shield is shown at the bottom. I put about 300 rounds through the gun before sending it off to be milled out for the Jpoint. I have put another 200 rounds through it since it returned.
I don't want to say a lot about the red dots at this time. I'd prefer to put several hundred more rounds through the guns first. I will say that I shoot better with both pistols now. I'll also say that I prefer a laser over a red dot. Of course lasers don't do well in the daytime (not even the green ones are that great), so the micro red dots do seem a bit more versatile.
More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment