Friday, June 30, 2023

 Straight white men ‘dangerous’ says San Francisco campaigner for slavery reparations (msn.com)

"Nikcole Cunningham, who serves on the 15-strong African American reparations advisory committee, told The Telegraph that white people should be held responsible for the actions of slave owners as they are “still benefiting from the harms that… [their] ancestor[s] caused”.


I'm curious as to how that I, as a White male, am benefitting from the actions of slave owners of 150 years ago. Considering that I've worked for every single thing that I've had, controlled my reproduction, stayed off of drugs, didn't commit crime and got a HS diploma (plus some community college and trade school) it would be interesting to learn how slavery helped me out. I'd also like to know what I've somehow gotten from slavery 150+ years ago that a Black person today doesn't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment