Friday, September 25, 2020

Quick Tip: Tritium, Fiber Optic, and White Dot sights


That was a very good video. Quick, concise and it gets the job done.

There's a couple of things that I'd like to add. Night sights don't last forever. After a certain number of years they'll begin to dim. That's worth considering when negotiating the price of a used gun purchase. 

Also, fiber optic sights can be a little more fragile than the usual blacked out sights. They aren't egg shell fragile, but I don't believe that they're as sturdy as the standard (metal) sights. Of course replacing broken fiber optic pipes is an easy process. 

I would use a holster that totally enclosed the front sight if I decided to carry a handgun with fiber optic sights. I don't think that a holster that leaves the front sight exposed is appropriate if the front sight is less sturdy than standard sights.
To each his own as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment