Monday, January 14, 2013

Getting Started In Reloading

I recently ran across this excellent piece on reloading. If you're like me, you haven't gotten into reloading because of the start up cost, and what I believe is a huge lack of fun in the process. Basically ammo hasn't gotten expensive enough for me to look into alternatives, and reloading seems to be as interesting as watching paint dry.
But...
If I can get started for $250, it might be worth biting the bullet. It would give me a topic to blog about as well as saving a few bucks over the long term.
Sigh... $250.
That seems reasonable, but I tend to go overboard when starting a new project or hobby. I can easily see $250 worth of gear turning quickly turning into $1,000 worth of equipment.
The same people that are complaining about a lack ammo on the shelves are talking about having a hard time finding primers and powder. Reloading might not be the answer that some expect.
So we'll see how it goes.

Basic Reloading

No comments:

Post a Comment