Saturday, August 15, 2020

Home Invasion Victim Kills Masked Robber in Self-defense


I read an article a few years back regarding police shootings of criminals. The author stated that about 50% of the shootings that police were involved in had multiple bad guys. I thought about that for a while and wondered what percentage of home invasions had multiple criminals. 
I couldn't find any relevant information so I started saving articles about home invasions for about a year. I didn't put any real work into it. I simply saved the links in a folder whenever I ran across them.
Surprisingly, about half of the articles that I kept had multiple home invaders. Now we can agree that it was not a very scientific endeavor. Bad news leads in the media and the worst stories make the national news. It's probably more likely that 3 guys breaking into a home is going to get more coverage than a single home invader.
Still, it's worth noting that a helluva lot of home invasions are done by groups of criminals. That's worth considering when you decide what to use for home defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment