Friday, February 15, 2013

Taurus Customer Service


  That is my Taurus PT22, and this is the brief write up of my experience with Taurus's customer service and repair facility. Don't expect anything too sensible in this initial post. I'm working nights and it's already past my bedtime. If this turns into total gibberish, that's my excuse.

  I've probably had this little .22lr for over 12 years. It's been a great gun (for what it is). Unfortunately it began malfunctioning constantly. After each shot the rear of the slide would rise up and lock open. I would have to slap the back of the slide in a downward motion in order to get it to go back into battery.
  The round count was probably somewhere over 1500. That's merely a guess but it should be in the ballpark.

  The gun was shipped off to Taurus after I filled out the online form on their website.
  The confirmation e-mail that I received stated that it would take approximately 6 weeks to repair and return my firearm. The repair was completed, but no documentation was provided regarding what the problem was (kind of annoying).
  It was returned in under 2 weeks, and the gun now functions perfectly. That's hard to beat. The PT22 was fixed right the first time. I've had experiences with highly regarded gun manufacturers that couldn't do that.
  If you're impatient like me then you'll appreciate the Status Page.
  The repair was free (other than shipping) as Taurus has a lifetime warranty on their handguns.
 
  So kudos to them. Perhaps the internet horror stories regarding their customer service are overblown, or maybe the new CEO is making a difference.
  I don't know. What I do know is that I appreciate good customer service and a job done right the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment